DOWNSVIEW FURNITURE REFINISHING LIMITED is renowned for quality, professional furniture repairs, refinishing, restoration and upholstery (re-upholstery) of antiques, modern, home, office and institutional furniture. We also handle new production finishing and institutional contract refinishing of all types of furniture, including cabinetry.
We're a family-owned company that's been established since1975 in Toronto, Canada, but providng our services to anyone, anywhere. (Yes! You can ship your item to us!) Downsview Furniture Refinishing Ltd. specializes in and services many aspects of the furniture industry. We've been providing the general public, interior designers & decorators, cabinetmakers, mill workers, kitchen manufacturers, offices, hotels, restaurants and institutions with the following services:
- Complete hand stripping, sanding, staining and finishing of antiques, modern furniture, office furniture, patio/lawn furniture, and institutional furniture.
- Production Finishing of new articles such as raw chair frames, house doors, kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors, mouldings, mill work, stair spindles, handrails and posts, cabinets, p.o.p. displays and decorative panels.
- The preparation of quotations and completion of repairs for Moving and Insurance claims.
- The complete upholstering or re-upholstering of both new and old furniture.
- The complete re-glueing, repair, replacement of parts and veneers, re-caning and general repair of all furniture.
- Application of specialty coatings to various substrates and expert colour matching of stained finishes, specialty finishes and solid colours including the application of gold and silver leaf.
- Contract pricing for large orders for both finishing and refinishing of articles.
- Dip tank stripping available for architectural components and mill work.
- Pick-up and delivery can be arranged to our shop for an additional fee.
Our shop is located in Concord (near Keele and Langstaff) and has approvals by both the Ministry of Environment and the Vaughan Fire Department. We hold all necessary licensing, permits and insurance.
Our skilled craftsmen and tradesmen can answer many questions concerning the refinishing, restoration and repair of furniture and the application of coatings to many substrates. One of the principals (Claudio Bassanese) achieved his diploma in Coatings Technology from the Toronto Society for Coatings Technology in 1998.
The company contracts contain a set of Terms and Conditions which can be reviewed here, in order to help explain the various circumstances and variables involved in the finishing and refinishing process.
Visit us at:
10 Planchet Road, Unit #35
Phone: 905 695-1084
return to top