Our skilled craftsmen and tradesmen can answer many questions concerning the refinishing, restoration and repair of furniture and the application of coatings to many substrates. One of the principals (Claudio Bassanese) achieved his diploma in Coatings Technology from the Toronto Society for Coatings Technology in 1998.
Downsview Furniture Refinishing Limited is a family-owned company established in 1975 in Toronto, Canada. the company specializes in the following services for the general public, designers and interior decorators, cabinet makers, mill workers, kitchen manufacturers, offices, hotels, restaurants, and institutions:
1. Complete furniture stripping, sanding, staining and finishing of antiques, modern furniture, office furniture, and institutional furniture.
2. Production finishing of new articles such as raw char frames, house doors, kitchen doors, mouldings, mill work. stair spindles, handrails and posts, cabinets, p.o.p. displays, and decorative panels.
3. The preparation of quotations and completion of repairs for moving and insurance claims.
4. The complete upholstering or reupholstering of both new and old furniture.
5. The complete re-gluing, repair, replacement of parts and veneers, re-caning, and general repair of all furniture.
6. The company applies specialty coatings to various substrates and are experts in colour matching stained finishes, specialty finishes, and solid colours, including the application of gold and silver leaf.
7. The company offers contract pricing for large orders for both finishing and refinishing of articles.
8. Pick-up and delivery can be arranged to our shop for an additional fee.
Our shop is located in Concord (near Keele and Langstaff) and has approvals by both the Ministry of Environment and the Vaughan Fire Department.
The company contracts contain a set of Terms and Conditions which can be reviewed HERE to help explain the various circumstances involved in the finishing and refinishing process.